THIS PAGE WAS PRINTED FROM THE TOUCH 2000 HISTORY OF CHRISTIANITY IN TONBRIDGE WEBSITE
PLEASE VISIT http://history.touch2000.org.uk
The Pentecostal Church began in Avebury Avenue as a church plant of Tunbridge Wells Assemblies of God Church in 1929. However, the church outgrew the Avebury Avenue building and began meeting at the Angel Centre. The building in Avebury Avenue no longer exists, as it was pulled down and the site became the car park for the Rugby Club.
The church later moved back to Avebury Avenue, but this time to the Territorial Army building and, later, to the present meeting place at the Y.M.C.A. Centre in Shipbourne Road, where the Pentecostal Church minibus is a familiar sight on Sundays.
The present minister, Rev. Ray Saunders, stresses that:
The Church, which is a member of the Evangelical Alliance, is actively seeking a new and permanent building in the town which will be better able to accommodate its lively Sunday School, Alpha Courses and social functions as well as the weekly Sunday services.
You are here: Churches | Tonbridge Pentecostal Church
Content managed by the Etomite Content Management System